Vancouver Asian Canadian Theatre is now seeking a Development Coordinator. This brand-new position is created to help ensure the company can flourish with a stable and enhanced donor base. This is an opportunity for an early- to mid-career fundraising professional to take an active role with a vibrant and unique mid-sized theatre company that is well poised to grow on its current successes. Reporting to the Managing Artistic Director, the Development Coordinator is responsible for organizing fundraising campaigns and development initiatives (both individual and corporate), with support and advice from our Fundraising Consultant in this self-directed position. They will also be working alongside our Outreach Coordinator on certain campaigns.
- Identify new opportunities and strategies to grow vAct’s fundraising revenue (prospecting);
- Assist with planning and executing activities that develop and implement fundraising strategies and programs to promote individual and corporate giving;
- Ensure that all fundraising administration around donation processing, tax receipts, updating donor lists, and reporting is carried out accurately and on time;
- Oversee stewardship programs: liaising with appropriate relationship managers to facilitate thank you calls, etc.;
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure marketing and development strategies and initiatives align, and evaluate the development and implementation of such strategies;
- Coordinate the production and content of fundraising communication materials, including event invitations, newsletters, donor listings and print materials;
- Create communication lists and send fundraising communication materials;
- Manage functions in vAct’s database (Keela) to ensure processes are functional and forward moving and that data is updated and correct.
- Experience in frontline fundraising with knowledge of not-for-profit fundraising practices and principles
- A passion for arts and community
- Strong alignment with vAct’s core values and mandate
- The desire, drive, and ability to identify and create vAct advocates, and deepen existing vAct relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to be adaptable and pro-active
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Understanding and familiarization with Keela ideally or, alternatively, an aptitude for software and willingness and desire to learn
- Detail-oriented with superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to strategize, organize, and prioritize work, while handling multiple tasks with patience
- Familiarity with CRA regulations and guidelines regarding fundraising and charitable giving
Compensation and working conditions:
$45,000 for a 12-month contract, starting May/June 2022, depending on availability
This is a full-time position, working 4 days a week; some work hours will take place on evenings and weekends. This role operates in an office environment; however, staff are currently working remotely. A combination of remote and office work is expected over the longer term.
Expressions of Interest:
vAct is dedicated to reflecting the cultural diversity within the communities that we live and make art in. Our hiring practices are based on choices that address systemic racism and dismantling colonialism. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, ethnicity, indigeneity, gender identification, sexual orientation, class, and physical ability. Candidates are encouraged to self-identify.Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their cover letter or video (2 minutes max) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30th, 2022. We thank all applicants but only candidates advancing in the process will be contacted. The position will remain open until it is filled.