It’s time for another round of MSG! We are looking for plays to be developed for our staged reading series in January 2020.
Through the MSG Lab, VACT showcases Asian Canadian playwrights and their stories and seeks to develop more Asian Canadian plays to a professional level for potential production by VACT or with other theatre companies in the Greater Vancouver area.
The selected emerging or established playwright(s) will be offered 3 months of dramaturgy through PTC, two workshop sessions and a staged reading. One play may be selected for further development with the potential to be produced in the future.
Play Submission Guidelines:
Applications to the 2019-2020 MSG Lab 1 will open on Feb. 1, 2019
MSG Lab 1 Application Deadline:
Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 11:59PM
MSG Lab 1 Results Announced:
Friday, May 31, 2019
MSG Lab 1 Workshops & Presentations:
November 2019 to January 2020
MSG Lab 2 Pick Announced:
MSG Lab 2 Workshop & Presentation:
- A cover letter (2 pages maximum) discussing the rationale behind your proposed project, for example: What is your project about? What is your vision for this project? Why this particular project now? Why the MSG Lab? What are your needs and expectations of this process
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant;
- A brief writing plan of the entire project, including development history (if applicable);
- A current draft, a collection of scenes, or a detailed sketch of the proposed project, with numbered pages;
- A title page with your name and contact information;
- Submit your files in PDF format;
- Email your completed application package to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2019 (we only accept email applications)
Submissions are read by a panel of curatorial staff and guest artists. Shortlisted candidates may be contacted for a follow-up interview. Decisions will be made by end of May.
If you have any questions regarding the application process or your eligibility, please contact email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your submissions!