vAct is now taking submissions for the Emerging Dramaturg position for their MSG new play development program, in association with Playwrights Theatre Centre, PTC. This paid position will be a hands-on learning experience propelling the individual from emerging to professional dramaturgy. The Emerging Dramaturg will be learning from and working with PTC Dramaturgs during the Block V Summer workshop of 2020 and MSG Play Development workshops Winter 2020-2021. The Emerging Dramaturg will receive a $1500 stipend for their work.
Representation matters in all roles of art making. vAct is dedicated to inclusive practices by increasing the number of under-represented individuals in every role involved in play making, which includes: producers, directors and dramaturgs. Diversity and various perspectives in our community enriches the artistic process and expands our understanding of the ever changing world. By increasing the number of diverse voices in our community, we can better support our playwrights. Artists living with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or POC identifying artists that can support an Asian Canadian perspectives are encouraged to apply.
Time commitment and responsibilities:
- Must be available in April 2020 to be part of MSG play selection committee.
- Must be available for Block V workshops, in-person meetings and phone calls during the Summer of 2020.
- Must be available for in-person dramaturgical meetings and workshops with playwrights and Dramaturgs during Dec 2020 and Jan 2021.
How to Submit:
Please submit to email@example.com with the subject title EMERGING DRAMATURG. In one PDF file, please have the following:
- An Artist Bio (750 words max), describing your work as an artist so far, and your intentions in being part of the MSG new play development program as the Emerging Dramaturg.
- Curriculum Vitae, CV (1 page max).
Deadline for submissions will be on March 1 2020.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org