Vancouver Asian Canadian Theatre (vAct) is actively preparing for operational growth, and is now seeking a Development Manager to help support our transition into an exciting future. This is a brand-new position, intended to help ensure the company can flourish with a stable and enhanced donor base.
This is an opportunity for a seasoned or mid-career fundraising professional to take a leadership role with a vibrant and unique small-sized theatre company that punches above its weight with respect to fundraising success and is well poised to grow on its current successes.
Reporting to the Producing Artistic Director, the Development Manager is responsible for planning and organizing fundraising campaigns and development initiatives, both individual and corporate. (A note that the current Producing Artistic Director is retiring next year and vAct is currently in the process of hiring a new Artistic Managing Director to take over the role in early 2022. The Development Manager will be reporting to the new AMD at that time.)
- Plan, direct, and evaluate activities that develop and implement fundraising strategies and programs to promote individual and corporate giving
- Ensure that all fundraising administration around donation processing, tax receipts, updating donor lists, and reporting is carried out accurately and on time.
- Oversee donor and sponsor relations including: thank you calls, thank you letters, donor and stakeholder lunches, benefits fulfillment and regular contact with donors
- Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure marketing and development strategies and initiatives align
- With the Marketing team, direct and evaluate the development and implementation of patron communications strategies
- Manage the design, development, and maintenance of vAct’s online fundraising presence, including website, third party websites, and social media.
- Coordinate the production and content of all fundraising communication materials, including event invitations, newsletters, donor listings and print materials
- Create communication lists and send fundraising communication materials
- Coordinate fundraising events with fundraising committee
- Identify new and untapped opportunities and strategies to grow vAct’s fundraising revenue
- Manage functions in vAct’s database (Keela) to ensure processes are functional and forward moving and that data is updated and correct
- Experience in frontline fundraising with knowledge of not-for-profit fundraising practices and principles
- A passion for arts and community
- Strong alignment with vAct’s core values and mandate
- The desire, drive, and ability to identify and create vAct advocates, and deepen existing vAct relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to be adaptable and pro-active
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Understanding and familiarization with Keela ideally or, alternatively, an aptitude for software and willingness and desire to learn
- Detail-oriented with superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to strategize, organize, and prioritize work, while handling multiple tasks with patience
- Familiarity with CRA regulations and guidelines regarding fundraising and charitable giving
Compensation and working conditions:
$35,000 for a 12-month contract, starting mid-September 2021
This is a part-time position, working 2-3 days a week; some work hours will take place on evenings and weekends. This role operates in an office environment; however staff are currently working remotely. A combination of remote and office work is expected over the longer term.
Expressions of Interest:
Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 9, 2021. We thank all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Interviews are expected to take place between August 16-20, 2021.